A successful marketing campaign involves a multifaceted approach. There are several elements to marketing either a business or product. These include:
- Business cards
- Social media marketing
- Personal interaction
- Printed collateral
A website without any additional supporting collateral is often simply an online presence. Business cards without any other material are just contact details. In order to market successfully you need to take a holistic approach, which means working with several marketing mediums. One of the most important elements of any marketing campaign is printed information, and more specifically brochures. There are several reasons why brochures are an integral part of successful marketing strategies:
- Easily accessible information – with a printed brochure your prospective customers have all the information about your business, product or service in one place. There are no web pages to sift through, no time spent waiting for pages to upload or images to download either.
- Take away – most people like to be able to take the information away with them and have it on hand to refer back to. The initial sales pitch can be overwhelming sometimes so to be able to go back over the information in your own time often makes it much easier to make decisions, and with a printed brochure all the information is there.
- Credibility – rightly or wrongly, a company with professionally printed brochures that detail who they are and what they offer automatically garners trust from prospective clients – this kind of marketing collateral separates the fly-by-nights from the real deals a lot of the time.
- Physical versus virtual – there is something about reading information on printed paper that many people prefer. Yes, a website is an essential marketing tool, but there is something actually having a physical piece of paper with information that appeals to many. It is important to remember that prospective clients range in age and technical abilities so if you are going to target an across-the-board age range then printed brochures are a must.
There are a few essentials to consider before rushing off to print though. While brochures are an incredibly useful marketing tool, the do need to be conceptualised strategically. So, we have put together five top tips to consider when putting your brochure together:
- It is important to define what purpose your brochure serves. Are you selling a specific product? Are you launching a product or service? Are you rebranding? Are you simply creating awareness about who you are and what you do? By answering these questions before you start you will find that the content then falls into place and is focussed. Without defining the reason for your brochure you might find it very difficult to be single minded about your message.
- Define your target audience. Are you speaking to the general public? Are you speaking to industry professionals? What age group and income bracket are you targeting? All these questions will determine the style, language and tone of your brochure. For example, if you are speaking to a mature audience you won’t use modern colloquial slang, just as if you are speaking to industry professionals it is appropriate to use technical language, whereas the general public might not understand the technical intricacies.
- Image is everything. A printed brochure is the ideal opportunity for you to showcase what you do, what you sell or what you offer. But you need more than words. It has been proven that people respond better to visual stimuli so give them some eye candy. Memorable images, infographics, professionally taken photographs. These will all help to set you apart from the crowd and make your business one that won’t be easily forgotten.
- Make the information easy to read. Use headlines, bullet points, bold text. Break the text up into bite size chunks and use appropriate tone and language for your audience.
- Quality is everything. If you want to set yourself apart from the run of the mill, then it is vital that your brochure is professionally printed on good quality paper and that it is folded or bound properly. If your brochure looks cheap or homemade, then no matter what the content is you are likely to lose your audience.
At Asset Print, we are brochure printing specialists. Our printing service offers the finest quality printing so that all your images will pop and stand out. We have an extensive range of paper stock so you are guaranteed to walk away with a top quality professionally printed brochure that will market your business and put you at the top. Request a Quote today.